Tuesday, August 12, 2008

28 Random Things

My friend Shelly sent this to me in E-mail so I thought I’d post my answers here. I won’t “tag” anyone but if you read my blog it would be fun to see your answers on your blog. She actually did 50 things, I know I probably have more than 50 odd things about me but I am only doing 28 (I know, random number).


Sometimes I only eat the chocolate off a chocolate-covered Altoid cinnamon mint and throw away the mint.

I don’t like any kind of fruit juice, especially grape juice, and when taking communion I quickly scan all the cups to find the one that has the least amount in it.

One of my best friends and I have been friends since Kindergarten.

When I was little I always thought there was something “magic and exciting” behind the walls of Disneyland and would try to peek whenever a gate or door would open. To this day, I could seriously sit on a bench at Disneyland for way too many hours and be happy.

I wish I liked Blueberries, grapes, oranges and avocado (not together).

I love to be barefoot outside and feel “earth”, especially sand at the beach and really green grass.

I tried out for a game show called “Supermarket Sweep” with my sister.

I love to hear my kids laughing

I love the sound of water and waves crashing. I love the sound of rain and I love to watch it hit water. I love the sound of wind chimes.

I miss my sister and my mom every single day.

I eat the middle of a dill pickle and throw away the skin.

I like to fish (with a bobber) and don’t mind putting the bait on the hook or cleaning fish.

I smile when I see elder people and I love talking to them.

I am B.J. Thomas’ biggest fan and have been since I was 11-years-old (I think everyone knows that about me).

I love to have the A/C on high and cover up with a blanket or wear a sweatshirt.

I only drink Aqua-Fina water--slightly slushy is my favorite.

I am a “dipper” and dip food in random things, including dipping my morning toast in my coffee. Olive Garden bread sticks dipped in alfredo sauce-yummy!

I love to stay up late and only need six hours of sleep.

I still watch I Love Lucy reruns.

I don’t like scary movies.

I love to roller-blade.

I love the smell of laundry in the dryer.

I’m not a vegetarian but I don’t like red meat.

Too often, I rent movies and take them back without even watching them.

I am terrified of tornados but I love to watch extreme weather shows or “live feeds” of tornado chasers.

When I was in high school I once memorized 100 Bible verses to be accepted into a "summer servant" program at my church.

I only like drinking out of paper cups or plastic disposable cups.

I love to be the first person up in the morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorites:
DisneyLand
Supermarket Sweep (I remember that)
Missing Mom and Grandma (me too)
A/C with a blanket (me too)
being a "dipper" (me too)
Ahhhh...that dryer smell (me too)

I wish I could look at your blog more often but your pictures make me cry evertime. I love you very much!
Nichole

~Kim~ said...

I know, I cry when I look at it too and I cry while I'm typing things about her. I'm crying as I type this.... :( I just miss her.. I love you too!