Thursday, May 31, 2007

My IPod Makes Me Happy

I think it’s one of the best things ever made. I have 2128 songs and 1 movie (Finding Nemo). I know it would take a long time to get through all those songs but at least I have them when ready…. I put almost every CD I have and on there and have gotten a lot of music from ITunes.. I use my playlist a lot for easy access and change it often to hear new songs. It’s so easy and convenient. I've got numerous lists for specific things set up, such as a playlist specifically for working out, or a new CD I just put on there that I want to listen to a lot, etc.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I know they are common now and a lot of people have them but I was just thinking how happy mine makes me. I clean with it on, take it in my car, exercise with it, take it to the ice rink when I’m watching Brendan’s hockey practice for an hour and I don’t want to go home. I even listen to it when I’m done typing this one particular doctor who doesn’t dictate the date of birth and I have a huge long document of 40-50 patients and I wait until the end to go in and input the date of birth from the patient list. It makes it go by fast. Music is so powerful and so mood-changing when I want to relax, energy for exercise, praise music to feel great, etc. I love that you can play it through speakers you don’t always have to have headphones on.

I have such random music its funny. Besides a ton of predictable country music, I also have everyone from Frank Sinatra to Rod Stewart, Eric Clapton, Lifehouse, Third Day, Queen and tons more. Fun!

I love that ITunes has so much available. You can even download a show, such as Lost, for example, for free. I’ve done that in the past and watched it at Brendan’s practice or waiting to pick him up from school or the movies or just anywhere you find yourself waiting it’s great to have it. I’ve downloaded Podcasts and listened to interviews I wouldn’t normally have time to listen to. I’ve had it for over a year now and I was thinking I’d be really bummed if something happened to it. I know they have new ones out all the time that do extra things but I’m very content with mine and hope to have it for a very long time. I've come a long way from my portable CD player and cordless headphones. This just makes me happy.

5 comments:

Angela said...

Nathanael and Jordan have taken over my iPod, does this means they need their own now or do I get a new one???

~Kim~ said...

I say you all 3 get new ones and give Scott your old one. LOL

Angela said...

Do you think he would like it since it is pink?

~Kim~ said...

And doesn't it have a logo from a girl product? Is is that same one you won? How funny.

MLasch said...

I love little things that make us happy!