Thursday, June 21, 2007

Update

I'm getting complaints that I don't update my blog enough..LOL. Life is so busy right now. I got a new transcription account that keeps me so busy that I don't have time to do anything fun to even write about (except for babysitting my cute nephews..which was a nice break). I'm determined to get to Disneyland one day this weekend. I'm also missing scrapbooking. I do have a concert coming up the end of the month too! :)

Brendan is camping at a lake all week and will be home on Friday. I really miss him but he's having fun. He has been riding a sea-doo alot and excited he is old enough to actually drive it himself. They go on the boat every day all-day-long, wakeboarding, etc.. He's been a good boy and called his paranoid mom in the morning and evening, as I requested. Gary was teasing me that my umbilical cord didn't reach that far...I'm for sure out of my comfort zone! He's my baby. He's funny because he is having fun but he's missing his normal life here...playing Halo 2 on X-box live with our neighbor every single night until midnight, he missed a hockey game so he had me look up the game and see who won and go into the details of who did what, there's no Internet there.., etc. He sold his Guitar Hero II to someone, since he conquered it, and he was saving to by Wii but now Em got into it with her friends so she went and bought it again while Brendan was gone so we told him and now he's itching to play that again. I think he'll be ready to come home tomorrow.

Emily is getting ready for Steven to come home tomorrow from Alaska. He will be home for two weeks and then goes back to Alaska but will more than likely be sent to Afghanistan in November. Pretty scary. I'm excited for her though. She really misses him. They have a lot of fun stuff planned, Sea World, skydiving, Disneyland, etc. She is going to LAX tomorrow by herself to pick him up....she doesn't want anyone to go with her......should be an experience.

Along with my crazy work schedule, we are dealing with the caretakers for my Dad and trying to figure out whether or not to put him in a home or try to work something out with the caretakers. I knew this day would come for him but it's heartbreaking. It's so hard to see him going through this. He tries so hard to tell us things but we can't understand him and that's what makes me so sad. I hate that he can't talk to us. I remember when my Mom died I kept thinking I wish I could hear her voice again. Such a sad disease. He pretty much is 100% care with needing to be fed, help walking, can't drink by himself, etc. so it takes a whole different turn when we are looking for places or caretakers. We are also having medication issues and that's a whole other story that gives Laurie and I both a headache!

Well, there's my life right now. I'm actually not hating my heavy work schedule, which is nice. I've learned over the years I guess. In the past I've taken accounts and wondered what I've gotten myself into but so far I'm OK. I have a good network of help when needed too, which I will use. Can't pass up the good money!

I decided that I won't like it when my kids get old enough and move out. Em has been busy this week and with Brendan gone too I miss my kids. One night she did stay home with me and we got salads from her work (B.Js) and brought them home and hung out together, which was nice. It's nice to have some alone time but after too much I want them back home real quick. :)

4 comments:

Angela said...

I hope you meant my boys when you said you watched your cute nephews :-) Anytime you want them let me know!

Your dad and his care has been in my prayer journal since your mom died. God loves him and knows the best place for him to be. We just need to pray He shows us exactly where that is.

~Kim~ said...

Of course I'm talking about your boys...I always have fun watching them. They are adorable. :)

Thanks for my Dad prayers. I also know he's not suffering but it's just hard to watch a once so strong man just whither away. I know God will show us what the answer for our family is.

Julie's Blogger said...

Kim, I am so sorry you and your family are having to go thru this again. You are so lucky to have brothers and sister that love each other and support the best they can. I will keep all of you in my prayers, I still remember when your dad would tease me LOL. Take care my friend!!!

Julie's Blogger said...

Kim.......HELLO you need to blog when you have a blog!!!! I need to know whats going on..LOL