Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Brendan's 18th Birthday Party



A month later I'm finally getting these posted...anyway, for Brendan's 18th birthday party we rented out the Youth Center and it turned out to be a great place to have a party (we actually reserved it already for Lauren's bridal shower in March). They have a great kitchen area. It's always scary to have a room that big and worry if enough people will come to fill it up. :) It was invite only and we had a list at the door to prevent uninvited guests and people just walking by coming in (which I was worried about) It was a great party and fun to see Brendan's friends...some that he's played hockey with for years...friends from school...some he's known since 1st grade....all grown up now. Everyone seemed to have fun. We had a DJ and gave them all glow stick necklaces or bracelets to wear while they were dancing where the lights were darker...they worked up an appetite... We had two 5 feet burritos and a ton of food and not too many leftovers so I was happy about that. I'm very thankful to my great friends for helping me at the party and also calming my nerves the whole week before. My baby is 18! I can't believe it. Emily will be 21 in January..Scary



Brendan and his crazy glow-in-the-dark glasses that he just had to have.



Emily and Jill taking a break from helping set up.



Brendan and Caitlin



















He loves the movie cars and he loves the color green and this green and black went with his party color theme! Yes, it was an 18-year-old's party.LOL






No comments: