Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thinking About My Sister On Her Birthday

Today my sister would have turned 50-years-old. It would be very easy to write a long emotional post about how much I miss her, what we would have been doing for her 50th birthday if she were still here, and how things were normal on her last birthday, because thinking about her at all brings automatic tears, but in her memory I wanted to just post some of my favorite pictures that Lauren recently put on my computer and concentrate on how awesome it must be for her to be in heaven right now!



Lauren and Laurie.


Nichole and Laurie at the Dodger game.


The whole family at the Dodger game. I love this picture of all of them.


I think this was her birthday last year.....


I love these pictures of us scrapbooking because we had so much fun that night. This was taken last year. We talked and talked about stuff and laughed so hard at things that we were crying. We couldn't stop laughing or be serious. Lauren took a lot of pictures of us that night and I'm so glad. I love this picture where she puts her hand up to Lauren so she can get composure before the picture.


This picture makes me laugh because we both have the same expression on our face biting our bottom lip as we are trying to be serious and not laugh. So fake. :)

3 comments:

Angela said...

Thank you for sharing that Kim. It was beautiful. I loved the pictures.

MLasch said...

What a wonderful way to remember her! I'm here with tears in my eyes as well.

When I think about Laurie and how much we miss her, I think about what big God we serve. EVERYTHING He does is perfect. Everything He does has a purpose. It really doesn't matter if it makes sense to me or not! He took Laurie home, to an amazing place, and I trust Him. I look forward to seeing her again someday!

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures, espeicially the family picture. I was thinking about Laurie yesterday on her 50th Birthday. Debbie