Saturday, March 29, 2008

Brendan Is Licensed Driver!

Brendan got his driver's license a few days ago! He's so happy. He doesn't have a car to drive of his own though but he, unlike Emily, isn't picky about what he drives. He's happy to drive any car he can. He's funny because he keeps thinking of places to go just so he can take my car and go driving. He just had to go to Guitar Center to get strings for his guitar all of a sudden, it couldn't wait! I remember when I got my license, I did the same thing. I drove my Mom’s Blue LTD. It was so big but my friends and I didn’t care! He's a good driver though. I have to admit, I'm not the one who really taught him to drive. I'm just a horrible back seat driver and have just recently remained calm enough to go with him. It wasn't anything to do with him, it's just me! Now he drives every time we go somewhere together. I'm thankful to all who have helped teach him to drive before me. I’m really happy about the new law of needing your license for a whole year before driving someone under age in the car. It used to be six months. I think they need that much time to get some good experience. Anyway, I’m a little sad he doesn’t need me to drive him places! My baby is growing up!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember your first car. It was a lighter blue. My second car, your dad picked out. Remember, it was bright green with white leather seats. I drove it back to Indiana. Maybe Brendan can drive you to Indiana(I wish).
Debbie

Angela said...

That is very cool Kim! I'll be praying for you... and Brendan...and for all the other people out on the road :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I have another one almost ready to drive as well. I hate, absolutely hate, driving with new drivers. I think waiting to drive their friends is a good idea. My niece just got her license at 17, that is the law in New Jersey. I think 17 is much better than 16. My kids would kill me if they heard that!