Monday, March 17, 2008

My Niece Is Engaged!!!!!

Lauren got engaged yesterday with a well thought out proposal. Chris took her motorbike riding in the desert and after riding for a while they stopped to do some shooting, which Lauren is good at and really likes to do. He set up some rocks about 100 feet away for her to shoot and she got 3 for 3 and then he went to set up a target that he told her he made himself for them to practice on. He came back and said it was ready and she kneeled down to take the shot and looked through the scope and saw the target that read "Will you marry me?" and underneath that it said "yes or no" and she turned around to look at him and he was standing there with a tux on with a ring in his hand. She was speechless and started to cry. She said yes when he asked her to be his wife and then he said "are you going to shoot?" and she shot at the yes and hit it right on. So cute! He really spent time figuring out all the details. He asked Tom two weeks ago. He wore his tux under his riding clothes and somehow got them off quickly before she turned around. He also planned at home, by setting it up in the street, how far away the target needed to be away for her to be able to read the words. After that, he planned a romantic lunch that he packed. They plan on getting married next year this time. I know my sister would be so happy because she loved Chris and just knew they were going to get married! I'm so happy for her.




4 comments:

Angela said...

Oh my gosh! That is adorable! I am so happy for her :-)

Anonymous said...

That brought tears to my eyes, it is so cute. I am so happy for her, but poor Tom, he's losing everyone. Debbie

~Sharon~ said...

That is the most unique proposal I have ever heard of. I totally got tears in my eyes reading that. So much thought and planning went into that. He sounds like a great guy! Good for Lauren!

Julie's Blogger said...

HOOORAHH for Lauren, that is the sweetest proposal ever!!! He sounds like a keeper. May the Lord bless them always!!!