Saturday, March 15, 2008

Brendan's First Job

Brendan has been working at the local parks as a referee for basketball. He looks so cute in his uniform. He had to go to classes and then take a test to get hired. I’ve obviously been around sports and to enough games my whole life to know what parents and coaches (and kids) do to the referee so I was nervous for him. You’d think with it being park league there wouldn’t be any issues with parents or coaches but not so….they are just as bad. Oh my gosh! Why is it that when your team is losing it’s always the referees’ fault? LOL. He did so good though and he was tipped off by experienced referees before a game of who will probably explode on them if their team gets behind. He had fun and is loving getting the paychecks each week and even bought XBox 360. The next sport through the parks is baseball….he hasn’t decided yet if he wants to do that one. My thoughts immediately go to my brother Terry getting kicked out the game for harassing the umpire when he coached baseball and my Mom with a horrified look on her face in the stands!! The paranoid Mom in me is thinking he should wait for flag football!

He had no idea that one day when I dropped him off I got out of the car and took these pictures. He looks so cute!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Angela said...

The boys had fun seeing the pictures of Brendan. You need to post more of him at work.

Julie's Blogger said...

WOW, geez I need to come down and see you all. Before everyone is out of the house, LOL. Crazy how I am just starting this parent journey, now you can share it with me.

~Sharon~ said...

Unfortuantely, no one sport is easier on the refs/umps than the other. I will admit that I have gotten ticked too when the ref makes a bad call on my kid. It is hard to hold your tongue. I always say that you couldn't pay me enough to do that job. Good for Brendan for being tough enough to take it on!

~Sharon~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

He looks so big and all grown up. That's a hard first job. Post a video of him at work(without him knowing). Debbie