Saturday, March 15, 2008

My Baby Is In Alaska



Emily left for Alaska a few days ago to where Steven is stationed. She is getting to be quite the traveler. She takes so much stuff with her each time though. She thinks she needs a jacket for each day and a ton of clothes to choose from because “she doesn’t know what she’ll feel like wearing that day”. I get it though; I guess it’s a girl thing. Last time she went we had to pay an extra $25.00 both directions because her suitcase was over the limit. This time we weighed it before and she was up to 62 pounds at one time and then we took out her laptop and worked and worked to get it under 50 pounds and then finally realized she needed to take two bags if she really wanted to take everything she planned. We finally made it weigh 48 pounds and then she had another bag too. She has it streamlined to where she only takes a big purse on the plane with her so she doesn’t have to mess with anything else. We were laughing about her first trip and how much she took as a carry on. She had movies, her laptop, and just so much stuff and it was a hassle when she had a layover and so heavy to carry.

Her trip started off great and even took off early from here and then in Seattle the plane they were going to get on was struck by lightening on the way in so there was over an hour delay so they could check out the plane (you know I had Brendan Google what happens to an airplane when it gets hit by lightening… ) I was nervous they were putting them on that same plane and they kept extending the time so I just knew they found something wrong!!! . She was also so tired because she takes Dramamine when she flies to help her sleep on the flight and she had already taken it. She finally took off and got to Alaska an hour or so late. She said it was a really bumpy flight. They are supposed to have snow flurries on Sunday and she said it’s cold. She’s happy to be there though! I’m a freak when she flies and I track her flight and keep refreshing the page very often! I figure if they are still updating that page she is still in the air…she calls me the minute they touch down so she beats the updates on the computer!

I miss her! Brendan really misses her too. She has been so stressed out with school so I’m happy she is able to spend her spring break having fun but I’ll be happy when she gets home.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim, I feel your pain.
Ashley took a trip over winter break and drove with her boyfriend to Oregon to see his dad. I tried to talk them into waiting until Spring. You know, no snow, easy,less slippery, beautiful drive. They wouldn't go for it.
I was a nervous wreck, but it was a great experience for them. Good for Emily being an adventurous traveler. I never would have traveled alone at that age, although I wish I had. It's much harder on us than them. I am sure she'll have a great time. Relax Mom!

Anonymous said...

She's so cute and she looks really good in bangs. I bet she's having so much fun right now. Debbie

Angela said...

She looks all grown up. I'm sure she is having so much fun. We are praying for her (and you :-)

Julie's Blogger said...

Oh my, and to think of me babysitting her. Remember the picture you took of her asleep on my chest???? And now she is traveling the world, good for her!!!!

~Sharon~ said...

I can't imagine Kim... I just can't imagine. It is so hard to let them grow up!